Cream Cheese Stone Ground Grits
Grits are a Southern staple and go great with shrimp, bacon, or sausage. These cream cheese grits are flavorful on their own, without the extras, and can be enjoyed as a delicious breakfast meal, or a side item to lunch or dinner. They can also be the base to a full meal. Try adding sautéed shrimp, or chopped bacon or sausage to the grits. Then throw in some sautéed onion and mushrooms for a delicious meal.
- 1 cup Papa Tom's Stone Ground Grits
- 4 cups Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- Fresh Parsley, chopped optional
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add the salt and grits, stirring well.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the butter, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and parsley, stirring until well combined.
- Serve hot with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Top with shrimp, chopped bacon or sausage, and/or sautéed onion and mushrooms, or whatever you like, for a complete meal.
Papa Tom’s Fresh Stone Ground Grits can be purchased here!