Fried Grits Cakes - Stoneground Grits Recipes
Fried Grits Cakes start with slow cooked stoneground grits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxcjNBpJojc&t=0s These grits cakes make a great accompaniment to any main dish, or as a delicious snack any time of day. This is a great way to use leftover grits.
- Frying Pan
- 1 Recipe Slow Cooked Papa Tom’s Stone ground Grits Slow Cooked Grits Recipe: https://www.bonnecazefarms.com/slow-cooker-stoneground-grits/
- Canola or Vegetable Oil For Frying
- Other Seasonings as desired
- Spoon the hot grits onto a medium size baking sheet to make a layer about 3/4-inch deep. Refrigerate to chill thoroughly, at least 1 hour.
- When the grits are cold and firm, cut them into rectangular pieces or rounds.
- Heat about 1/4-inch of vegetable oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the grits cakes until lightly or golden brown on both sides, about three to four minutes each side.
Clip from "The Help"
Papa Tom’s Stone Ground Grits can be purchased here!