Sweet Cornbread Muffins
Sweet Southern Cornbread Muffins made best with Stone Ground Yellow Cornmeal. These make a great accompaniment to chili, stew, or almost any entrée.
- Muffin Pan
- 1 Cup Bonnecaze Farm Stone Ground Cornmeal - Purchase the Cornmeal here: https://www.bonnecazefarms.com/store/
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 Cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degF and grease a muffin tin.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and stir to mix. Stir in the egg, milk, and vegetable oil, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin, about 2/3 full in each cup.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, test with a toothpick.
- Enjoy with butter, honey, or as a side to chili and more!
Video Clip from "Blue Bloods, Season 2"
Papa Tom’s Stone Ground Cornmeal can be purchased here!