Turn cornbread into a nice side dish by adding broccoli. Perfect for holidays or any day of the week.
- ½ cup PAPA TOM’S Stone Ground Corn meal
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 oz grated cheese (American or Cheddar)
- ⅛ cup sugar
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 stick butter or margarine softened
- 5 oz frozen broccoli or 1 cup fresh broccoli steamed and chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- Mix all ingredients. Batter will be stiff. Pour in greased 10″ iron skillet. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
Papa Tom’s Stone Ground Corn Meal can be purchased here!